Saturday, September 11, 2010

White Garlic Pizza Sauce




Ingredients:

2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3-4 tbsp Flour
milk (I used 1% milk and did not measure the amount)
salt
minced garlic
red pepper flakes

Directions:

Melt the butter in a small saucepan with the olive oil. Once melted, whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook for a minute, then begin adding the milk, a little at a time, whisking as you go. I used probably 1-2 cups total. You can adjust to get the consistency of sauce you are looking for. Once the sauce is smooth, it's time to season it up. I added a heaping small spoonful of minced garlic, along with 2-3 spoonfuls of the garlic juice (is it called garlic juice?). Add salt to taste and a pinch of red pepper flakes. I had enough sauce to make 2 large pizzas, so next time I would only make half this amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment